TECNOMA’s R&D department is located inside of the production unit. True competence center, working from conception to construction of sprayers and other equipment.
Its competences are covering various technologies domains such as: mechanical hydraulic, automatism, regulation, electronics, plastic injection…
Real host projects, it provides support services to all areas of the business and for the launch of new products.
The office is equipped with CAD stations (Computer Aided Design) and has a prototype workshop
… or how to ensure the machine longevity against chemical attacks. A painting process under high surveillance with permanent tests such as salt fog testing.
The painting process of welded mechanical structures is based on different stages :
- Shotblasting : the welded mechanical structures are directed to a shot blasting tunnel. Projection of tiny balls made from abrasive material to clean up all impurities and rust
- 1st paint spray booth : it’s Epoxy primer coating. This painting is for oxydation protection
- 2nd paint spray booth : powder painting. This painting has got an electrostatic capacity to stick. For the difficult and complex accesses, an operator uses manually a powder gun to ensure a complete coverage
- Passage in the oven : the powder becomes liquid and cooks at 240°C
- Exit of the oven : ultrasonic and quality control to check the good coverage of the welded part
… or how to transform polyethylene powder into quality durable components. Each rotomoulded piece requires a specific mould.
The different steps :
- The operator puts in the mould the required quantity of polyethylene powder and closes it.
- Passage in the oven : under the influence of the heat and rotation, the polyethylene melts and is evenly spread onto the mould walls. The rotation of the mould around two axis ensures an even distribution of the polyethylene and a precise thickness of the tank walls.
- While turning, liquid plastic gradually cools and hardens
- The operator opens the mould and extracts the tank. He supplies the tank towards the rotomoulding and conformation finishing touches. Quality control.
TECNOMA has 3 rotomoulding units.
… or how to transform polypropylene pellets into high accuracy components such as flowmeters, nozzles…
Plastic components in a range of weight from few grams to several kilograms can be produced by a single operation. Soft material (pellets) is kneaded with a screw conveyer. It turns into a heated cylinder. The plastic is injected into a closed mould.
TECNOMA has 2 injection units and all plastic parts are transformed into components thanks to different workshops.
A succession of assembly lines ensures adaptability and flexibility for manufacturing on demand.
To build a machine following the customer purchase order, the production operators take note of the following list (established during the order where all the parts needed to manufacture the machine are recorded).
Different areas are dedicated according to the range of sprayers
- mounted machines assembly line
- trailed machines assembly line
- self-propelled assembly line
- vineyard machines assembly line
… to guarantee the machine traceability and reliability
All sprayers are checked and water tested :
- filling system and water circuit
- tank and booms rinsing
- regulation system : accuracy test with speed simulator
- anti-freeze protection
The machines are adjusted, cleaned, oiled before shipment.